Please read this whole page. It is designed to aide in a smooth transition for your pup from Vallecito Alsatians to your home.
What Happens from Beginning to End
1. First of all, do your research! Read everything you can about this dog to make sure this is the breed for you. The American Alsatian is slow, quiet and mellow. If you want an energetic working dog, this is definitely not it. Click HERE to learn more!
2. To begin the process of getting one of these magnificent dogs, you will first need to contact me by completing the Vallecito Alsatians Puppy Adoption Questionnaire. I am very interested in your family's happiness. So, the first thing that I will need from you is the information in the form. This will help me get to know you and upon approval, it will begin a file with all of your contact information. You do not need to purchase a pup today or even in the near future. You may just wish to be in our files as "wanting one." Please state that in the form.
3. Vallecito Alsatians will then contact you via email for a follow up interview to discuss your questionnaire responses. It is not our intention to pry, but we are interested in finding the best homes for our puppies. We will notify you with an official approval email when you have passed the interview process.
4. Check the temperament, character, test scores, and photos of our dogs. Look at the videos and check the walk, the run, and the conformation of our dogs. If you do not have enough information on them, email and ask us about them. We are happy to answer any questions, concerns, or thoughts you may have.
5. When a particular litter is planned it is time to place a deposit on a pup. If you do not put a deposit on a pup, you may not get the one you want. Remember that we price our pups on temperament and which pup we want to keep. We breed for the breed first because we need the best pup to continue the lines. The deposit is $300.00 to hold a pup. You may forfeit your deposit for a particular litter and we will then transfer your deposit to a future litter. This will give you plenty of time to save up the money you will need to buy the best quality for your needs.
6. Start emailing us. The more you bug us, the more you are in our minds. We are teachers and sometimes we get pretty busy with other stuff. Watch the website, email us and pick your pup.
7. When you have settled on the pup for you, let me know which pup you want. Then complete and sign the Puppy Sales Contract.
8. Now you may send the rest of the money for the pup. You can do this by depositing it directly into our Wells Fargo account, by sending a check and waiting for it to clear, in person in cash, or by Paypal. We will now add up the transportation and crate fees and after a health checkup your pup will soon be on its way.
9. You have now just purchased your pup and we will help get this pup to you. We shall keep in touch by email and phone until you get that puppy in your arms.
10. Call and let me know you got your puppy. Take lots of photos and write me all about it on our guestbook page! I truly want to hear from you. I want to see the pup grow up.